Yesterday, she made to call a press conference to reveal a 'major announcement' (read here). Sharapova received a letter from the International Tennis Foundation several days ago informing her that she had failed the test for a substance that had been legal until Jan. 1 of this year. Sharapova did not indicate what the penalties would be or how long she might be away from the game of tennis.
She had begun taking the substance Meldonium in 2006 to aid in a variety of health problems. However, the drug was added to a banned list starting at the beginning of 2016. Sharapova conceded that she did not look at the list of newly banned substances for 2016 from the World Anti-Doping Association, and thus indicated that she failed the drug test because of ignorance.
I don't want to end my career this way," Sharapova said. "I really hope I will be given another chance to play this game." she said
No comments:
Post a Comment